Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Writing in Starts and Fits

I've been writing only intermittently for a while, because last week I lost my job. While this gives me more time, it also give me more stress, which hasn't done me any favors. Especially since I'm not entirely sure where I'm going with the Third Night. This is a pain, because I know what I want to do for the Fourth and Fifth Nights, as well as the Seventh. But I can live with this. Mostly I need to get some feedback, so I'm looking to join with some critique groups to get my mind working. It should help revise the versions of the story I have going now.

I am about a third to a half of the way through the Third Night. Part of the problem I'm having is that I'm introducing more characters and more description into this bit. I'm not worried about that.

The part I'm worried about is that this section is going to turn into a drug trip, which I want to be able to write realistically AND comprehensibly without having to go the step of actually getting high.

So it's a challenge. But I'm committed to writing this thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment