Sunday, January 22, 2012

Tidlybits

It's been a few months since my last post, which depresses me a little. I've never been particularly good at regular blogging, but it's a new year. I can make New Years resolutions, including renewing my resolution to post at least once a month, more when I have stuff to post.

So what have I been up to?

* Magic: As I mentioned in my last post, Magic the Gathering ate a lot of my time and attention. That's on the back burner for now.

* Gaming: I've been running a long-term Deadlands game that has ate up a lot of my creative energy. It's fun, and I love the story, but it also takes a bit of time away from my other writing projects. And by a bit, I mean almost all of it.

* Continuing Education: Also, I finished up my Creative Writing Certificate (yay!). That's a semester of school down, and no more to go. Oy.

* Work: The job I have isn't very glamorous, but it keeps me in rent and gas.

* Writing Group: So to help myself get back into the swing of writing, I've joined a writing group. So far I've been going over the early chapters of Tale of the Exile, as well as Broken Mirror, my new urban fantasy idea (the one I called "The Bradshaw Story" a few months back). That is good for this blog, because now I'm generating materials to talk about here.

* Unexpected Life Changes: I just recovered from a computer crash. My data is fine (I harvested the Hard Drive from my old computer) but it needed a computer to go in. Now that I've got a new one, I've been breaking it in and repairing the links I used to have online. Juggling this with all that other stuff has been...interesting.

So that's what I've been up to. I'm back now, and the very next post after this one will be some talk about storyforming. Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment