Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Tale of The Exile (Introduction)

There must be a beginning to these things. It's only proper. The tale that I will be posting here was composed and is still being told, one line at a time, through the medium of Twitter. From the end of June 2008 until now the story has grown in starts and fits, shaped of a previous work because I needed an outlet that forced me not to drown myself in words. Twitter's 140 character limit has helped me shape the bare bones of this story, and continues to push me to tell the story itself, getting flowing, rather than clogged with words.

Twitter is an interesting medium to work with, because you can't really do too much editing. Once you post, you're done. It helps me nail down the ideas first.

But since those posts accumulate like kudzu, I figured that it would be a good idea to collect them together, so they could be seen in the order I'd intended them. It also gives me the chance to make small edits.

This is very much a work in progress. Feel free to leave constructive comments--I like feedback, and I plan on further editing this work when I get a chance.

Oh, and you may notice Ads from Google AdSense popping up. I know that they will be somewhat annoying, but please don't begrudge me trying to make a few dollars from my work. I'd like to be able to keep eating, and I'd like a roof over my head as I write more, and all it will cost you is a few moments to click an ad and see an offer.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Anson, Twitter does help nail down ideas and limit editing, hope you get to the end of this story :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In general, I just wanted to let you know I'm enjoying the tale.

    ReplyDelete